- Communication: Working together for Europe’s young people – A call to action on youth unemployment (2013) to accelerate the implementation of the Youth Guarantee and the investment in young people, and develop EU-level tools to help EU countries and firms recruit young people.
- Youth Employment Initiative (2013) reinforces and accelerates measures outlined in the Youth Employment Package. It aims to support particularly young people not in education, employment or training in regions with a youth unemployment rate above 25 %.
- Youth Employment Package (2012) is the follow-up to the actions on youth laid out in the wider Employment Package and includes:
- A proposal to Member States to establish a Youth Guarantee – adopted by the Council in April 2013
- Second-stage consultation of EU social partners on a quality framework for traineeships
- The European Alliance for Apprenticeships and ways to reduce obstacles to mobility for young people.
- Youth on the Move is a comprehensive package of policy initiatives on education and employment for young people in Europe
- EU Skills Panorama is a EU-wide tool gathering information on skills needs, forecasting and developments in the labour market.
- Measures in the field of education and culture